Sunday, October 14, 2007

Weekend is here and gone

I accomplished a lot this weekend--got the 2nd 8 hours of continuing education done, so I can renew my Broker's License. Finished a 2nd sock for my youngest nephew (25) and worked on a sock for my niece who's 29. I don't actually sell real estate, but I work for a commercial and residential developer in Indy. I keep up my license just in case. Have had it since 1975, and I would't want to go back, sit thru classes and take the test again if I let it lapse. I also took a quick trip over to my mom's (about an hour away to see one of my cousins who is in from Texas).

It's my sister's weekend for mom duty (mom had a stroke in May and is doing well). I take my turn next weekend to do her shopping, pay her bills, and visit. Mom's 86, so this isn't a chore thankfully. I've been doing everything but what I'm supposed to be doing: laundry.

I have my tea swap buddy and she's from Bristol, England. Am loving this new adventure. Have picked up a couple of things for her--she's going to bike thru Cuba for a fundraiser for breast cancer and women's health. Told her that I'm nervous about sending tea to an Englishwoman, but she's assured me that anythings ok with her. We've exchanged several e-mails, and it's fun. I think I turned her on to circular needle sock knitting. It's adictive--I forgot to warn her about that aspect.

1 comment:

natalie said...

A tea swap sounds fun.
Is this on ravelry?

n