Monday, January 21, 2008

Stars - Philosopher's Wool


OK--here is a picture of the Philospher's Wool sweater kit that I bought--I can't wait to get started on it. I'll have to buy a hat and get a red scarf to put on it. It will be my first attempt at Fair Isle Sweaters. I got the kit for Christmas, but I have to get one pair of big black socks finished (I have one size 13 sock finished and the 2nd one cast on--these socks are BIG) for Socks for Soldiers, Inc. I joined thru Socknitters.com. It's a worth while organization to support our troups--more than a bumper sticker as they say.

2 comments:

Knittynutter said...

WOW Joann
what asweater, i take my hat to you 'cos i sure wouldnt contemplate knitting up something so fab as that...
lovely pattern good luck,
dont forget to post piccies of your progress
Angie

L~ said...

I'm working on getting yarn for this one together now- I'm using Bartlett and dyeing some of it along the idea of the "cool colors in the philosophers book. But I don't like using koolaid beacuase it's not lightfast. No point in doing all that work for it to fade over time. Can't wait to get started.